Naples | Port Royal | Marco Island | Palm Beach + Jupiter
West bay, Estero, Florida Luxury Remodeling Contractor
Practical Tips for Hiring a West Bay, Estero Custom Remodeling Contractor
Nearly everyone has heard a remodeling horror story from friends or family. Hidden charges, expanding budgets, and shoddy work happen more often that you might think, so avoiding those pitfalls are crucial when considering a remodel.
If you don’t have much experience in working with contractors, don’t fear. Here are a few simple ways to ensure you don’t regret your West Bay, Estero remodeling contractor decision down the road.
There are several ways to find the names of good contractors in your area without succumbing to advertising or marketing pitches.
1. Friends, Family, or Coworkers: Many times someone you know has remodeled a portion of their home. Getting a recommendation from someone you trust is the easiest way to shorten your search
2. Officials in your local building department. These are the individuals whose job it is to recognize bad workmanship. They may be able to give you the names of a few excellent custom remodeling contractors, as well as advise you whom to avoid.
3. Local Lumberyards: Lumber suppliers have a unique finger on the pulse of the local building industry. They know which of their clients can provide the level of quality you are seeking.
Once you have an idea of possible contractors, set up phone interviews and narrow your list even more. Ask them about their work history, current work load, and their relationships with their subcontractors. Any reliable West Bay, Estero custom remodeling contractor will be able to provide you with clear answers to these questions.
After completing this round of your search, meet with contractors and gauge your trust level of each one. As any person who has had their home remodeled will tell you, your contractor will become like a member of your family, so it’s important to have absolute comfort when it comes to working with a contractor.
Key questions to ask include:
• What is your pay schedule?
• How long will the project take?
• Are you willing to sign a lien release?
• What are my responsibilities?
• Who will be performing the work in my home?
Don’t just take their word for it. Make sure everything you discussed is clearly outlined in the contract. A trustworthy West Bay, Estero remodeling contractor won’t hesitate to answer your questions or include the items in a binding contract.
At Gulfshore Homes we’ve worked hard to provide quality work for all of our clients, and we believe our reputation speaks for itself. Contact a member of our team today for help deciding if we’re the right contractor for you. We’d love to speak with you and share our past accomplishments.